Preparing for Class
Wear: Comfortable clothing you can move in. If you are using the Pilates reformers or trapezes you will need to wear non-slip socks. Remove your shoes before entering the studio.
Fresh & Clean: Many people can’t handle strong scents, so avoid wearing cologne or perfume – naturally fresh and clean is best.
Leave valuables at home & switch your phone to silent. You will be able to leave your personal belongings and shoes on shelves in the studio.
What to Bring (and what not to bring!)
Equipment is provided (Yoga mats, blocks, bolsters, straps & props) but feel free to bring your own if you have it. Your teacher will let you know what you will need and where you can find it.
Please do not touch or remove any equipment that is not required in the class. This includes any of the specialist Pilates equipment or the equipment used for physiotherapy services.
No Glass or sharps are allowed in the studio
Phones should be stored with your belongings and switched to silent – no selfies or photos please!
No pets or animals are permitted – only downward-facing dogs in the studio!
Arriving for Class
Be Punctual: come 15 minutes before class; check-in with reception to tick off your pass or pay for class, then settle into the room quietly.
Wait Quietly: If the class prior is still in session they may be in relaxation.
If you have an injury: let your teacher know before the class commences so that they can make sure you are moving safely throughout the practice.
Observe silence during class and especially during opening and closing sequence of the class (although a little giggle if you wobble is human!)
Respect the teacher: practice as instructed by the teacher and do not practice your own exercise during class. If you need to modify, let the teacher know for some guidance.
Respect your body: move within your body’s limitations and be mindful of tension and injury. Rest whenever you need. If you feel dizzy or unwell during the class, take a moment to rest on your mat in child’s pose or lying down – we encourage you to stay in the room until class is finished.
End of Class
Clean up your space: Wipe down your mat with the spray & wipes provided. Return all equipment to the storage space where they came from.
Don’t rush: but do leave as quietly and promptly as possible as there may be another class commencing after yours.
Need to leave before the end? We ask that you avoid this, as it is disruptive to your own practice and others. If unavoidable, figure out the best way to leave your space silently. If you have no other option, leave your mat and props where they are and quietly leave with respect to the group.
Whether you enjoyed the class you took or felt it was not your style, please know that the teachers and staff give 100% of themselves to provide you with the best experience possible. Many years of personal study has prepared our staff to teach, and hours of prep goes into each class taught. There is a teacher for everybody, and we hope that the experience we provided you with what you need for now. We appreciate any class feedback you want to share here
Most of our classes are suitable for beginners, unless otherwise stated. You can read more of what to expect from each class or if it not is suitable for beginners here.
“Comparison is the thief of joy” so don’t feel overwhelmed by a advanced neighbour in your class – they are on a different path to yours. Practice patience with your body. It will take some time for your body to get used to any new exercises or poses.
• Everyone is welcome. Our classes are for men, women, seniors, injured, sporty and kids.
• Doors open 15 mins prior to the class, if you haven’t booked online please allow time to complete the registration forms.
• Introduce yourself to the teacher – your teacher will help you from there
• Toilets are close by too
• Only bring your towel, water and any props you may require into the studio
• Yoga mats, Blocks, Straps, Bolsters, Blankets are provided, But feel free to bring your own if you have them.
• Leave your personal belongings and shoes on the shelves in the studio, ask the staff to direct you. Your phones are to be turned to silent. Leave valuables at home.
• We offer a ‘Kids Yoga Program’ class for kids aged 5-9 and 10-12. Please enquire for more information and availability.
• All persons under 18 years of age must have parental consent
• Older children may participate in regular classes with parental consent & supervision, and at the discretion of the instructor. Please contact us for more information.
• You can try our many of classes if you have been participating in prior to the injury. Move within your bodies limitations, tension and injury. Rest whenever you need.
• Please check with your doctor and let your teacher know you’re injured so they can help you modify exercises as necessary.
• You can pre-book your classes online here or by phoning Bowen Physiotherapy
• Each Class has a maximum number of participants allowed in the room, once registration hits that maximum the class is considered full. We’re sorry, but we won’t make any exceptions to squeeze another person in the room – it becomes uncomfortable for the group as a whole.
• If our class is full you will be added to our waitlist and a text message will be sent to you if a space becomes available in that class.