What sort of treatments do Physiotherapists use?
Physiotherapists are trained to assess your condition, diagnose the problem, and help you understand your condition and the how to treat it.
Physiotherapy combines various treatments to help you reach your full potential such as:
- exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles, including Clinical Pilates
- joint manipulation and mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
- muscle re-education to improve control
- airway clearance techniques and breathing exercises
- soft tissue mobilisation (massage)
- dry needling and acupuncture
- Specialized electrotherapy or thermal modalities to reduce pain and swelling
- assistance with use of aids, splints, crutches, walking sticks and wheelchairs to help you move around.